I spent last weekend at ConQuesT in Kansas City. One more salute to those who came from far away, hail and well met once again! This weekend was a success not only for visiting old and new friends, but also in accomplishing a number of goals, such as:
- Successfully performed the song “May it Be” (Enya) at Tolkienfest with my son Ben accompanying on guitar.
- Successfully moderated my first panel.
- Successfully delivered my presentation on highlights from the Creating from your Original Voice© workshop (Clarissa Pinkola Estés).
- Successfully introduced two sons to the joys of ConQuesT gaming.
- Successfully performed readings both Friday evening and during the Hadley Rille Extravaganza on Saturday.
I am looking forward to meeting again next year. In the meantime there are a number of writing goals to work on. I hope to get back to work on my novel and squeeze in a poem or two here and there. I am thankful to have good experiences from last weekend to help propel me onward.
2 thoughts on “ConQuesT Weekend 2013”
Loved reconnecting Mary! Your song at Prospero’s was a haunting! HRB family rocks!
Thanks, Mark! and Thanks for coming to KC. I enjoyed our conversations. Looking forward to reading the King’s Gambit!